Our main forum section

Topic author
admin_ccfc
Site Admin

South Kilburn Reserves vs Clapton CFC

Post by admin_ccfc »

Pre- and post- match chat.
What to expect from the team?

Are we going to have a better first half than in the past games?
The team has always got a good reaction in the second halves, but I am a bit unsure that can be the way we should get used to.
(We should also consider last Saturday we played a club one level above us so I am more than happy for what I've seen!)

Match preview here:
https://www.claptoncfc.co.uk/2018/09/27 ... c-preview/

paul_ccfc

Re: South Kilburn Reserves vs Clapton CFC

Post by paul_ccfc »

It's a step into the unknown. As a reserve side, there's not much online written about our opponents so it's hard to know how they will play or what standard. Geoff said he's working on getting better in the first half, though.

One bit of good news to report - goalkeeper Vlad Bendovskyy has finally received his international clearance from the Italian FA and is available from now on. We still await clearance on Bogdan Panescu and Yacine Rabia.

Two other things to add...

1) Metropolitan Line to Northwick Park station isn't an option as the line isn't running. However, Overground and Bakerloo to South Kenton are running normally, and it's less than 10 mins to the ground.

2) The game kicks off at 2.30pm! It will go straight to penalties if it's level at 90 mins.

Topic author
admin_ccfc
Site Admin

Post by admin_ccfc »

So, tell me again I don't understand football!!
No seriously, the first half was weird, but great second half!

I also must admit I enjoyed my day out and the trip to the far west north. Nice park, nice pub, great people.

paul_ccfc

Post by paul_ccfc »

Yesterday was about as basic as you can get! But nice pub, sunny weather and the lads did well to come back again for the win.

Stefan Nielsen deservedly named man of the match, but good performances across the pitch.

Now it's back to the Stray Dog.