Should M1T transfer to Essex Alliance League?

Our main forum section

Topic author
jackgg

Should M1T transfer to Essex Alliance League?

Post by jackgg »

The Essex Alliance League has been granted Regional NLS Feeder League status (i.e. Step 7, same as MCFL Prem) meaning that their Premier now promotes into Step 6 - https://www.essexallianceleague.com/new ... son--1274/

Should M1T be thinking about switching over? Would be a lot less travelling and (dare I say) maybe an easier route up? I'd imagine there will be a couple of other local teams (Sporting Hackney spring to mind, maybe Stonewall too?) thinking about switching.

Possibly too late to look into for 21/22 season (maybe not though?).

This is a map of the clubs in the Premier last season to give an idea of the footprint, only DTFC who play at Harlow Town is a bit of a schlep, but still more convenient than Ruislip or wherever we have to go at the moment.

Bradfordpaul

Re: Should M1T transfer to Essex Alliance League?

Post by Bradfordpaul »

This might be a good idea once the renovations to the Dog are finished and CCFC is established there.

eiffel71

Post by eiffel71 »

Yes, if we're back at the OSD during this season we should look at this for 2022/23.

But let's hope we're in the Eastern Counties Div 1 South for 2022/23 anyway :)
Last edited by eiffel71 on 27 Jul 2021, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

So now it looks like we’re never going to get out of the MCFL and they hate us to boot, shall we get that Essex Alliance application form filled in? DTFC got promoted and rumour has it Sporting Hackney are switching over so that should make it even less travelling than that map up there