Women’s team physio?

Our main forum section

Topic author
jackgg

Women’s team physio?

Post by jackgg »

Do the women’s team have a physio? The few times I’ve seen them it’s been Patrick the head coach who’s run on to treat injuries - I don’t doubt his qualifications but maybe it’s better to have a dedicated one like the men’s team do? Might be a good opportunity for a student or something...

Anyone from the committee able to shed some light?

dowdinsk

Re: Women’s team physio?

Post by dowdinsk »

Today's W1T game was I think the most physical we've seen yet. But if my recall is correct, at the AGM the proposal as negotiated between Club Development and the AFC Stoke Newington squad was that they'd agreed a budget thought to be sustainable, and that for the first year they'd be largely autonomous in how they'd organise? At this early stage it's hard to see either party pulling out after the trial year period, but what's the proper way forward to suggest this?

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

dowdinsk wrote:Today's W1T game was I think the most physical we've seen yet. But if my recall is correct, at the AGM the proposal as negotiated between Club Development and the AFC Stoke Newington squad was that they'd agreed a budget thought to be sustainable, and that for the first year they'd be largely autonomous in how they'd organise? At this early stage it's hard to see either party pulling out after the trial year period, but what's the proper way forward to suggest this?
Ah OK I didn’t realise that, I thought we had a Women’s 1st Team committee, in the same way we do with M1T, who would be responsible for this sort of thing.

Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting they should have a physio - obviously this would be up to the committee (or however it’s run) to decide (and I assume this is a decision that has been made) - I’m just curious why, i.e. budget, can’t find one, prefer not to have one, etc.

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

Bumping this, at the last 2 games the ref has called for a physio and we haven’t had one. Is this worth a proposal at the next GM? I appreciate that W1T should make decisions on their budget but I’m not very comfortable with our players being at risk. I’d imagine our players’ insurance relies on there being a physio there as well?
Again, can anyone in W1T comment?

evieg

Post by evieg »

Sorry this is a few weeks after the question.

There is a W1T committee. The W1T were offered a physio, but at the time didn't want one, but this was at the beginning of the season and obviously we've seen some knocks. I'll ask the question again and make enquiries if they do decide they want one.

evieg

Post by evieg »

Lucy's been carrying out any physio-ish activities for the W1T (hence not needing one), but we are talking about this again now!

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

Great, thanks for the response @evieg