Ideas on how to help international members get involved

Our main forum section

Topic author
moneen07

Ideas on how to help international members get involved

Post by moneen07 »

Being from Canada, it's always been tough for me to get involved at every fan owned club i've been a member to. I think it would be a good idea to find ways to get people who joined as i did to be able to get involved as quickly as possible. In my opinion, there are two ways to do so.

First, we can have a list of different tasks that can be done by people who aren't physiccaly close to the club. We can also have a topic on the forum to get to know the members better and try to get ideas on what could be done for the club. We could also have members profile have different boxes they can click depending on their interest. For exemple, if someone clicked the box fundraising, people who wanted to start a fundraiser would know who would be interested. Having different groups, for exemple a group dedicated to fundrasing on the forum would also help.

Second way i think we could get people far from the club feel more involved would be to find ways to communicate easily between members. My first experience with fan owned football was when i joined MYFC who we're majority owners of Ebbsfleet United. One thing that we did there and that I liked was that there was a chat room people could join during games to talk while listening to the game on the radio. I know we couldn't duplicate it because there is no radio coverage of the game but we could find ways to replicate the feeling of watching the game with fellow members.

What are your thoughts on this?

Caminho

Re: Ideas on how to help international members get involved

Post by Caminho »

Hi mate, international members are more than welcome to join committees, and there is a lot that can be done remotely. I'm based in NYC and am involved in both Fundraising and International.

paul_ccfc

Post by paul_ccfc »

moneen07 wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 18:51 Being from Canada, it's always been tough for me to get involved at every fan owned club i've been a member to. I think it would be a good idea to find ways to get people who joined as i did to be able to get involved as quickly as possible. In my opinion, there are two ways to do so.

First, we can have a list of different tasks that can be done by people who aren't physiccaly close to the club. We can also have a topic on the forum to get to know the members better and try to get ideas on what could be done for the club. We could also have members profile have different boxes they can click depending on their interest. For exemple, if someone clicked the box fundraising, people who wanted to start a fundraiser would know who would be interested. Having different groups, for exemple a group dedicated to fundrasing on the forum would also help.

Second way i think we could get people far from the club feel more involved would be to find ways to communicate easily between members. My first experience with fan owned football was when i joined MYFC who we're majority owners of Ebbsfleet United. One thing that we did there and that I liked was that there was a chat room people could join during games to talk while listening to the game on the radio. I know we couldn't duplicate it because there is no radio coverage of the game but we could find ways to replicate the feeling of watching the game with fellow members.

What are your thoughts on this?

Both good suggestions. I think possibly a check-list when you join as a member (and perhaps annually as well). Do you have skills / do you want be involved in any groups?

Where would be best to discuss during the match? Forum thread? I'm thinking people are more fragmented across Instagram / Facebook / WhatsApp / Twitter whereas when MYFC was going, there was less social media,

HempForVictory

Post by HempForVictory »

Being Taiwan based I'm keen to see the clubs international member base grow. I love the idea of a fans radio were we can listen to match streaming eventually. And I'd be keep to get more involved however I can. Perhaps we could have a dedicated page for an international fan in the programe with a small article about what Clapton means to us.

Jason

Post by Jason »

HempForVictory wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 17:44 Perhaps we could have a dedicated page for an international fan in the programe with a small article about what Clapton means to us.
Hey there HempForVictory, we already have a fan stories section What CCFC means to me, on our website and in our newsletter. Just mail your story and some photos to comms@claptoncfc.co.uk, we'd love to hear from you. You can read other fan stories here, we're hoping to add a new story each week.

HempForVictory

Post by HempForVictory »

Recieved my replica shirt yesterday and have written the draft. Expect a story from me soon!

shuira

Post by shuira »

it been a long time since the last post here. i´m from argentina, if there is some way that you found about how to get more involved it would be aeowsome to know it. there is any transmision of the games? here i support a team who plays in the 4th category, and the transmisions are done by the fans online.

ClaptonCass

Post by ClaptonCass »

Hi mate, due to the FA rules in england we can't live-stream games on the internet which is quite annoying!

If you are interested in other ways to get involved please get in touch with the International Committee at International@claptoncfc.co.uk

gusmacker4

Post by gusmacker4 »

ClaptonCass wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 15:24 Hi mate, due to the FA rules in england we can't live-stream games on the internet which is quite annoying!

If you are interested in other ways to get involved please get in touch with the International Committee at International@claptoncfc.co.uk

I thought you weren't allowed to stream Saturday games that started at 3pm?

I'd like to see the club start a Twitch channel. Video content, interviews, game highlights can all be put there. I've seen everything from podcasters to sports talk radio hosts on there.We can also do live shows and maybe live stream games. In my opinion YouTube is a quagmire and Im afraid CFC just gets lost in the mix.

todd

Post by todd »

ClaptonCass wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 15:24 Hi mate, due to the FA rules in england we can't live-stream games on the internet which is quite annoying!

I've poured through the FA Handbook & FA website and can't find any rule prohibiting livestreaming. I've also written to the FA to ask about this and have not received a reply.

I do understand that there has been a ban on televising Saturday afternoon matches for many years now, but it's unclear whether that applies to livestreaming or would apply to amateur teams playing at our level. Even it applies to our men's team, our women's team plays on Sundays so we'd still have the option of livestreaming those matches.

Livestreaming matches would be huge for CCFC members outside of London/the UK. In my city, we're already planning to hold gatherings to watch the matches when they're made available to us.

If you could point me to anything official from the FA that prohibits livestreaming, I would really appreciate it.