Ideas on how to help international members get involved

Our main forum section

todd

Re: Ideas on how to help international members get involved

Post by todd »

[quote=moneen07 post_id=119 time=1551207083 user_id=113]
Being from Canada, it's always been tough for me to get involved at every fan owned club i've been a member to. I think it would be a good idea to find ways to get people who joined as i did to be able to get involved as quickly as possible. In my opinion, there are two ways to do so.

Where are you in Canada? I'm in contact with members in Toronto, Edmonton, and Calgary and would connect you with your fellow CCFC members if you're near any of those places. HMU on email: toddismycopilot@gmail.com

todd

Post by todd »

It would be helpful if there was a forum for Tons abroad to communicate & network with each other. That would make it a lot easier to coordinate efforts.
CCFC members in Canada & the US have a facebook group up now: book.com/groups/TurtleIslandTons/

Goodbeat12

Post by Goodbeat12 »

I just read the canary article about the away Jersey so decided to have a closer look at the club.
I joined the forum tonight and will become a member. I am a Liverpool supporter, but I have great interest in supporting left wing clubs when possible. Bohs is my team in Ireland . If there is are any suggestions of what to do to become a supporter let me know. Thank you all, no pasaran.

Ericksop

Ideas on how to help international members get involved

Post by Ericksop »

In the last month we have cleaned up the roster and placed a lot of members from our section on HD because of inactivity.
Now we have a respectable level of activity, but it can still get better.

What can we/you do to get some new flesh in our section?

I will love to read some ideas on how to get this ball rolling.

Greetz,
Bibimeister

islandleague

Post by islandleague »

Why not have a festival or at least a webinar ?
football is the best

Mcnultyj

Post by Mcnultyj »

moneen07 wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 18:51 Being from Canada, it's always been tough for me to get involved at every fan owned club i've been a member to. I think it would be a good idea to find ways to get people who joined as i did to be able to get involved as quickly as possible. In my opinion, there are two ways to do so.

First, we can have a list of different tasks that can be done by people who aren't physiccaly close to the club. We can also have a topic on the forum to get to know the members better and try to get ideas on what could be done for the club. We could also have members profile have different boxes they can click depending on their interest. For exemple, if someone clicked the box fundraising, people who wanted to start a fundraiser would know who would be interested. Having different groups, for exemple a group dedicated to fundrasing on the forum would also help.

Second way i think we could get people far from the club feel more involved would be to find ways to communicate easily between members. My first experience with fan owned football was when i joined MYFC who we're majority owners of Ebbsfleet United. One thing that we did there and that I liked was that there was a chat room people could join during games to talk while listening to the game on the radio. I know we couldn't duplicate it because there is no radio coverage of the game but we could find ways to replicate the feeling of watching the game with fellow members.

What are your thoughts on this?
Love these ideas! As for the chat during games, if the opportunity is available for live commentary, www.Mixlr.com is a service that is great for many league/non-league teams that provides live commentary, and also a chat program within the system. It might be worth looking into for the club, and I think that many members (especially internationals) would be happy to donate some money to make this a reality.

Mouseman

Post by Mouseman »

An occasional podcast would be a nice idea. I don't know how difficult or expensive this is but I'm sure we have have some members who are more tech savvy than I am.

admin_ccfc
Site Admin

Post by admin_ccfc »

Hello!
Thanks for the proposals.

As you could see in the past weeks with the interviews to Geoff and Jack and from the latest newsletter, something is going in the "streaming" direction.

There are going to be more chances for members and fans who aren't able to come to the games to get involved with CCFC, no worries! :-)

gusmacker4

Post by gusmacker4 »

Has anyone followed what Hashtag United have done on their twitch channel? Just a thought that maybe we could do something similar and create a tighter community through twitch. Live interaction with players,staff, supporters ect. Just a thought and please keep the YouTube videos coming, they are great

P.S> Im on twittwr if you want to DM me and discuss the twitch idea @GusMacker1