Ground Maintenance proposal

Our main forum section

Topic author
jackgg

Ground Maintenance proposal

Post by jackgg »

All members should have received an email with a proposal from Ground Maintenance committee to erect a shelter at the Stray Dog. If not, check your junk folder, then email info@claptoncfc.co.uk if still not.

Any thoughts?

dowdinsk

Re: Ground Maintenance proposal

Post by dowdinsk »

FUCK YES! #TeamBrambles

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

One thing I was wondering is how it’ll be attached to the ground - i.e. what the foundations will be. Sorry if that was in the proposal & I missed it - don’t remember seeing it

dowdinsk

Post by dowdinsk »

I'm not on the Grounds Maintenance Whatsapp. Screenshot of Telegram chat with Glyn. In summary it wouldn't have fixed concrete footings under ground but would be built off scaffold boards to stop it sinking in. I presume the scaffolding contractors are saying self weight would be enough to stop it blowing away, but hopefully Glyn or others will chip in later.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CkAuL ... 7-E3rNV6DH

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

dowdinsk wrote:I'm not on the Grounds Maintenance Whatsapp. Screenshot of Telegram chat with Glyn. In summary it wouldn't have fixed concrete footings under ground but would be built off scaffold boards to stop it sinking in. I presume the scaffolding contractors are saying self weight would be enough to stop it blowing away, but hopefully Glyn or others will chip in later.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CkAuL ... 7-E3rNV6DH
Haha I hadn’t even thought of it blowing away although now I am Image

Jason

Post by Jason »

I think it's a great idea. Are Wadham OK with the changes? Knowing that we may well take the bulk of it it with us when we leave? Will there be much disruption? Also is someone monitoring attendance? I expect it will dip with shit weather but is it gradually rising otherwise? Some matches it seems to be. Are we getting something big enough?

dowdinsk

Post by dowdinsk »

Jason wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 21:19 I think it's a great idea. Are Wadham OK with the changes? Knowing that we may well take the bulk of it it with us when we leave? Will there be much disruption? Also is someone monitoring attendance? I expect it will dip with shit weather but is it gradually rising otherwise? Some matches it seems to be. Are we getting something big enough?
From the members email concerning the vote on the stand:

Re Wadham:
Over the last few months, we’ve negotiated with all the interested parties, and are now in a position to put a proposal to the vote.
Insurance would be covered both by the scaffolders who erect it, and Matchday Centres who operate the ground.
We have been advised, including by Matchday Centre, that planning permission would not be needed, given it's not a permanent structure and of a modest size.
Re something big enough?
Some constraints are:
-- costs - keeping the non-recoverable spend down to something realistic for perhaps just 10 games
-- what can be fitted into the very tight space available
-- and also perhaps how long is a piece of scaff lattice beam? (I'm guessing exactly 22 metres)

Jason

Post by Jason »

Thanks for holding my hand through that, dowdinsk. The mail had sneaked into my spam folder, I think I just dreamt I'd read it. All up to date and voted now. Cheers.